A responsible employer
3i is fully committed to being an equal opportunities employer, and is opposed to all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination. 3i believes the skills, capability and talent of its employees are the key to its success. There are great benefits to be gained from diversity and variety in a workforce and 3i encourages this diversity.
3i is an accredited London Living Wage Employer. This means that every member of staff based in London, including contracted maintenance and reception teams, earns a ‘living wage’ which is an hourly rate higher than the UK minimum wage and is set independently, updated annually and based on the cost of living in the UK.
We are proud to have launched our new graduate recruitment scheme during the year which is designed to develop our next generation of world-class investment professionals and business leaders. Following a rigorous process, we selected five high-quality graduates from across Europe and a variety of disciplines to join us in September 2015.
The programme will consist of comprehensive and high quality training followed by rotations through each of our Private Equity, Infrastructure and Debt Management businesses as well as our Strategy and Finance teams. The top performers will be fast-tracked into the business in April 2018.
3i’s Equal Opportunities and Diversity policy aims to ensure that all 3i employees (temporary and permanent), contract workers and job applicants are treated fairly and are offered equal opportunity in selection, training, career development, promotion and remuneration. The policy also intends to ensure that employees are recruited, promoted and rewarded on the basis of merit, ability and performance. Specifically, our aim is to ensure that:
- we have access to the widest labour market and secure the best employees;
- people are selected, promoted and treated fairly and according to merit, ability and performance, enabling us to maximise potential to the benefit of individuals and 3i;
- we have employment procedures and practices which do not discriminate on grounds of age, gender, marital status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or religious belief, disability, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected category;
- we treat all those with whom we come into contact with respect;
- we meet our statutory obligations regarding employment legislation;
- we communicate the Equal Opportunities Policy and responsibilities for achieving fairness and equality; and
- senior managers understand their responsibility for enforcing this policy and we all share responsibility for upholding it.
At 31 March 2015 3i had a total of 276 employees (calculated under the investment basis) and this is how they broke down by gender:
|All 3i employees
|3i Group plc directors1
1 Includes non-executive Directors who are not 3i employees
2 'Senior managers' excludes Simon Borrows and Julia Wilson (who are included as Directors of 3i Group plc) and includes 28 people who were directors of undertaking included in the consolidations, of whom 26 are male and 2 are female.