Health and safety
3i recognises health and safety as an important issue and ensures the health, safety and wellbeing of its employees, contractors and others who visit its offices.
We are committed to continually improving the quality of how we manage health and safety through open communication, increasing awareness and encouraging an inclusive working environment.
We operate in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974 and all other applicable legislation. (UK legislation and guidance is adopted globally by 3i as a minimum benchmark for its health and safety standards, unless country specific obligations exceed these requirements).
In particular, we:
- establish and maintain health and safety arrangements to implement its Health & Safety policy;
- apply a systematic approach to risk assessment and eliminate or reduce hazards in the workplace;
- provide and maintain suitable arrangements for the welfare of our employees;
- conduct appropriate investigations of accidents and incidents and ill health to prevent recurrences;
- provide appropriate information, instruction and training on health and safety matters as necessary; and
- consult with our employees on health and safety issues.
We seek expert advice as necessary when determining health and safety risks and the measures required to guard against them.
We regularly review this statement to ensure it reflects any changes in the nature of our activities and our organisation.
Further details can be found in 3i’s Health & Safety policy.