We target distinctive consumer businesses with strong growth potential and work in partnership to build robust and powerful brands.
We focus our consumer investing in five key areas:
- Consumer Goods: Powerful brands capable of internationalisation and innovation, commanding and protecting attractive margins
- Retail: Retailers with well-developed customer propositions, strong retail brands and well-defined target markets. We support store rollout, international expansion and the development of new channels to market
- Food and Drink: Products which meet consumers’ growing demand for convenience and indulgence. Businesses that recognise the increasing importance of health, food provenance and resource sustainability
- Leisure: Companies which are benefiting from increasing consumer demand and spend on travel, eating out, self-improvement and other local activities
- E-commerce: Pure play and multinational specialists operating in specific niches where they can offer a differentiated customer proposition, rather than just lower prices.
We believe the key value levers that accelerate the growth of our investee companies in the consumer sector are: international expansion, multi-channel and online growth, brand development, polarisation (value/premium positioning) and operational excellence.