We target distinctive consumer businesses with strong international growth potential and work in partnership with management teams to build robust and powerful brands.
We focus our consumer investing in five key areas:
- Consumer Goods: Powerful brands capable of internationalisation and innovation, commanding and protecting attractive margins
- Retail: Retailers with well-developed customer propositions, strong retail brands and well-defined target markets. We support store rollout, international expansion and the development of new channels to market
- Food and Drink: Products which meet consumers’ growing demand for convenience and indulgence. Businesses that recognise the increasing importance of health, food provenance and resource sustainability
- Leisure: Companies which are benefiting from increasing consumer demand and spend on travel, eating out, self-improvement and other local activities
- E-commerce: Pure play and multinational specialists operating in specific niches where they can offer a differentiated customer proposition, rather than just lower prices.
We believe the key value levers that accelerate the growth of our investee companies in the consumer sector are: international expansion, multi-channel and online growth, brand development, polarisation (value/premium positioning) and operational excellence.