3i respects the privacy of every individual who visits 3i's websites. In dealing with 3i, you may provide 3i with personal information about yourself. The purpose of this statement is to set out the principles governing 3i's use of personal information that 3i may obtain about you. By using the 3i websites you consent to the use of your personal information in accordance with the terms of this Policy.
- "3i" means 3i Group plc and any of its subsidiaries and related companies.
- 3i is committed to following policies that protect your privacy and comply with current international data protection laws and regulations in respect of personal data. 3i will only obtain personal data from you for specified and lawful purposes and any personal data which 3i obtains will be processed fairly and lawfully.
- 3i collects personal data for use in the normal course of 3i's business. Your personal data may be held and processed in connection with a transaction that 3i considers with you, for the general development of 3i's business and for administrative purposes relating to those purposes. 3i may use the contact details that you provide to 3i to inform you of relevant opportunities, developments and events, unless you decide to opt out (see "Contacts").
- 3i will only process the individual data that you provide to 3i for these purposes. 3i will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the data held is adequate, relevant and not excessive for the relevant purposes.
- Please note that the information that you provide to 3i is processed and held on computer systems and files of the 3i group of companies throughout the world. This may include companies, offices or data centres outside the European Economic Area. All 3i group companies maintain the same levels of data protection, confidentiality and security. In certain cases your information may be passed to companies who process data on behalf of 3i, 3i's advisers, financial intermediaries and credit reference agencies with which 3i works. Where 3i passes data to third parties 3i ensures that appropriate confidentiality arrangements are in place. 3i does not provide your details to third parties for any marketing or promotional purposes, except where you have given your consent.
Accuracy and security
- 3i will take all reasonable steps to keep your personal information accurate and, where necessary, up to date. If you believe that any of the information that 3i holds about you is incorrect please notify 3i (see "Contacts").
- 3i will take all reasonable steps to protect the confidentiality and security of your personal information, but cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose online. You accept the inherent security risks of providing information online over the Internet and will not hold 3i responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to 3i's negligence or wilful default.
- 3i will take all reasonable steps to retain data only for the duration of the purpose for which it was obtained. When requested to do so, 3i will delete personal information from current operational systems where it is no longer required. 3i may need to continue to hold some details about you after your relationship with 3i has ended, for example for legal and regulatory reasons.
- You have the right to receive information about the personal data (as defined in the Data Protection Act 1998) that 3i maintains on you (a fee may be payable). You should also note that, under data protection laws, in certain circumstances you are entitled to object to the processing of your personal data and have certain rights of access, rectification and/or removal of your personal data. To exercise these rights you should write to 3i (see "Contacts").