We operate from a network of nine offices across the world, however approximately two-thirds of our employees are based in our London office. All our offices are leased
We are, nevertheless, committed to minimising our environmental impact and to improving our environmental performance wherever possible.
Our strategy is to:
- meet the requirements of applicable environmental legislation;
- minimise waste and maximise recycling;
- work with our landlords to ensure the energy efficiency of our offices;
- include environmental considerations in our procurement processes;
- measure our carbon footprint annually, and publish the results in our reports and on our website; and
- report to two external publicly disclosed benchmarking indices and use our performance in these benchmarking indices to assess and improve future performance; this year we have chosen the CDP and the RobecoSam Dow Jones Sustainability Index.
During the year to 31 March 2018, our measured Scope 1 and 2 greenhouse gas ('GHG') emissions (location-based) totalled 750.8 tCO2e. Our Scope 3 emissions totalled 2,685.6 tCO2e.
|2 Location-based (tCO2e)
|2 Market-based1 (tCO2e)
Our Scope 1 and 2 (location-based) emissions are equivalent to 3.4 tCO2e per full-time equivalent employee, based on an average of 281 employees during the year (2016: 4.0 tCO2e; 276 employees). Overall our Scope 1 and 2 (location-based) emissions decreased by 13% in the year driven principally by a cleaner fuel mix in electricity generation in the UK. We have also chosen to report voluntarily on our Scope 3 indirect emissions, which were 5% lower in the year due to a decrease in business travel. The methodology is described in our Corporate responsibility report.
Our emissions have been verified by Carbon Credentials Energy Services Ltd according to the ISO 14064-3 standard.